Monday, January 15, 2007

Crazy Week

Last week was a crazy week, lots of new stuff going on in my life. I was blessed with a full time job for the next 4 or 5 weeks. The secretary at Oakland High School is going to have surgery tomorrow and she asked if I wanted to fill in for her while she's out. When I said yes I really didn't have any idea what I was getting myself into...it can be quite chaotic in a high school office. But I will do everything I can to do a great job and endure the chaos until she gets back. Pray for me!! I haven't worked full time since before Amie was born 22 years ago, so I'm kind of scared about having to get up and go somewhere every single day.
Not only did that job come to me, but I've been offered another job after that that just fell in my lap. God knows my unexplainable fear of interviews and I think He has given me these jobs in spite of myself. I do have to say I'm sorry to Jill - my Wednesday scrappin' buddy. But my husband thinks it's time for me to act like a grown up and have a grown up job! LOL And with Christian going to college in the fall I understand where he's coming from. So here I go...into the grown up world of working full time...I hope I survive!
We had quite a scare last night when Adam called and said he had been in an accident while riding a friend's motorcycle. Turns out he was doing a wheelie while going 45 miles per hour driving around a curve on an old country road. Of course he lost control and ended up mashed into a chain link fence. There must have been angels softening the blows because was able to get up and walk (well, more like limp) away with very minor injuries...just scrapes and bruises. He even refused care when the ambulance arrived. Praise God is all I can say.
Well, I guess that's about it. Oh, wait, I'm supposed to be in The Tennessean on Wednesday along with my friend Jill. If you get that newspaper look in the Food section!
I hope you guys have a great week. I'll check in on Friday and let you know how my first week went.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

congrats on the new job!! Where will you be working? I'm glad Adam wasn't hurt. How scarey! A mother's worst fear is that phone call. Tell him he's not too old for a spanking! lol.

Deanna- yep Dee-na said...

lol at sonia's comments... i'm glad he's okay.
that's great! good luck. i hope it all went well and the new job goes great too....
yep, you must share now... where are u going to be?